[Advaita-l] DSV /SDV in Shri Dakshinamurthy Stotram

Sudhanshu Shekhar sudhanshu.iitk at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 10:51:22 EDT 2024

Namaste Michael ji.

//DSV depends upon mind, mind is a product of avidya;//

DSV says that drishTi itself is srishTi. DrishTi is defined as
vritti-upahita-chaitanya. That is all. There is no requirement that vritti
has to be of some mind which is a product of avidyA.

The vritii is of avidyA itself. There is no requirement of a mind, which is
a product of avidyA.

In simple words, in DSV, the apparent creation of world is nothing but a
fluctuation of avidyA. Mind also is included in that. Just as the mind of
dream-I is also a fluctuation.

//so if mind is negated avidya will remain. Is that correct/ If mind is
gone, how to jump from avidya without mind to ajati vad?//

avidyA itself is negated being illusory. And thus only its substratum
remains.

>From the frame of reference or avidyA, the locus is seer/sAkshI, and the
framework is DSV.

>From the frame of reference of locus, the locus is shuddha chaitanya, and
that is ajAti. There is no perception of seen from the frame of reference
of locus, and hence it is ajAti.

So, the jump from DSV to ajAti does not require mind. Change of frame of
reference is all it takes to jump from DSV to ajAti. The former is
adhyAropa while the latter is apavAda.

Regards.