[Advaita-l] DSV /SDV in Shri Dakshinamurthy Stotram

Michael Chandra Cohen michaelchandra108 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 15:18:24 EDT 2024

//DrishTi is defined as vritti-upahita-chaitanya. That is all. There is no
requirement that vritti has to be of some mind which is a product of
avidyA//
please, what is vritti without mind? And is v-u-c, vritti or chaitanya?
//.... a fluctuation of avidyA. Mind also is included in that. Just as the
mind of dream-I is also a fluctuation//
a fluctuating appearance that is avidya or the Self appearing other than
what it is. The former posits Self and avidya; the latter only needs Self.

//avidyA itself is negated being illusory. And thus only its substratum
remains.//
if avidya is anything other than a wrongly superimposed imagination, how
can it be negated? how can a v-u-c be negated.
🙏🙏🙏

On Mon, Apr 8, 2024 at 1:55 PM smallpress via Advaita-l <