[Advaita-l] [advaitin] rAma-krishna-shiva-durga etc. are not same in shAstric vyavahAra!!!

Kaushik Chevendra chevendrakaushik at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 01:59:37 EST 2023

Namaste sir.

On Thu, 16 Feb, 2023, 12:23 pm Bhaskar YR, <bhaskar.yr at hitachienergy.com>
wrote:

> Ø     I don’t think mAdhwa’s think that body and Ishwara is one and the
> same, they only insist that lord’s body is NOT ordinary body like we have
> but it is something special and phenomenal and not subject to decay and
> death hence it is NOT prakrutika but aprAkrutika.

No. The madwas definitely hold the lord and his shareera to be
non-different.

Yes, lord’s aprAkrutika shareera is real and eternal and I am just curious
> to know what exactly the difference between this apraakrutika shareera of
> dvaita and mayOpAdhi of Ishwara in Advaita??  Are we not considering that
> vishesha upAdhi of vishNu and shiva is mAyOpAdi ( Ishwara taking the help
> of mAya and assuming the form) and it is there to bless the upAsaka
> (sAdhakAnugrahArthaM) and everlasting!! Or we are considering the Advaita
> position that brahman with upAdhi is inferior (apara) sOpAdhika brahma who
> is valid ONLY when we consider ourselves as parichinna Chaitanya who are
> suffering in this jagat and praying the Lord for the blessings / mOksha /
> Ishwarya etc.??  If this is what the position of Advaita then how come
> shiva-vishNu forms (it is immaterial whether it is mAyOpAdhi or otherwise)
> are permanent and ever lasting??

They aren't permanent and evar lasting. Rama,krishna etc left their body
after completing their duty.
In either case after the end of kalpa isvara takes into him the entire
universe in its unmanifested state. And projects it again in the beginning
of kalpa. And the same cycle repeats.
If by eternal you mean does he keep taking these forms? Until jagat exists,
it's his duty to do so.

> Ø     Then there must be an ‘end’ to the product of mAya i.e.  rUpa of
> vishNu and shiva or any upAdhi which is the product of mAya.  Is it not??

Of course. The roopa of isvara doesn't have an end only till the jagat
doesn't have an end.
As we know that's not the case.