[Advaita-l] Is there Tapta Mudra Dharana in Srivaishnava Sampradaya?

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 03:13:14 EDT 2019

Tapta Mudra Dharana, etc. criticized by Hemadri

Hemādri is well known for his Dharma śāstra work in four volumes. He has
touched upon a very large number of aspects of conduct by people who wish
to follow the path of Dharma. In the Vol.IV of the work ‘Chaturvarga
Chintamani’, this author has a chapter for the criticism of the practice of
branding one’s body by hot-metal images of religious insignia like the
shankha, chakra, linga, etc.

A file on the above topic is available here for download:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ia5e7xcc1p62v2g/Taptamudradharana_tatparigraha_ninda.pdf

regards