[Advaita-l] Is Badarayana same as Vyasa?

D.V.N.Sarma డి.వి.ఎన్.శర్మ dvnsarma at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 06:52:30 EDT 2018

Padavaakya pramaanatah.

Therefore the Purvacharyas commented not according to tradition but using
grammer and logic.

Now let us take the first one pada or grammer. Meanings of words are
interpreted according to grammatical rules. Which grammer? There were many
grammers .
Majority of people opted for PAnini's grammer because of its brevity and
maximum coverage. It is not perfect. There are many usages in sanskrit that
are not covered by
Panini. Example is Magha's Sisupalavadham which contains many apaniniya
prayogas which were there in usage. Similarly Madhaviya Dhatuvritti seems
to endorse many apaniniya usages.
Bhasha pravahini. It is never static. In light of the above what is the
praamaanya of a commentary which is based on one grammer.. Munitraya
pramanya is a praudhavada. No sensible man accepts it..
I hope by now you understand my point that tradiition not a perfect
interpreter.