[Advaita-l] Regarding the Pancharatra, Shankara is one with Purvamimamsa

Srinath Vedagarbha svedagarbha at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 10:24:35 EDT 2018

Dear Sri.Bhaskar rayare,

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 6:20 AM Bhaskar YR via Advaita-l <

> "alpAksharamasandhigdaM sAravadvishvatO mukhaM, astObhamanavadyaM cha
> sUtraM sUtravidO viduH...purAna vachana about sUtra lakshaNa is really at
> the discouraging  level here :-)   bhagavatpAda, incarnation of bhagavAn
> shankara says something, rAmAnujAchArya, Adishesha avatAra, says something
> else and madhvAchArya, incarnation of mukhya prANa devarU sees something
> entirely new thing in the same adhikaraNa / sUtra...We the jignAsu-s, going
> by our traditional Acharya-s interpretation, thinking it is the final
> verdict of the sUtra and arguing with others :-) It's so amusing some times
> to witness the traditional war on siddhAnta among various schools of
> thought :-)
>
> Just looking at all these outside the boundaries of any tradition.

Your observation is quite up to the mark!

This is the fact, no denial.  What does this fact indicates? Same texts
evokes multiple knowledge in multiple preceptors. Qualitative duality is
resounding at this core knowledge level.

Having said that, whatever school accepts and propound this tAratammya in
jnyAna at their core teaching; automatically stands out to be correct.
Don't you think so? I am asking this question looking from outside of any
traditional boundaries.

/sv