[Advaita-l] Regarding the Pancharatra, Shankara is one with Purvamimamsa

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Jul 18 06:20:10 EDT 2018

To my knowledge, even the Ramanuja Bhashya recognizes that adhikarana in the BS on Pancharatra as genuine but considers some sutras there as purvapaksha and some others as siddhanta.  Shankara takes that entire adhikarana as a refutation of pancharatra. So does Bhaskara. As I understand, for Madhva that adhikarana is not about pancharatra at all.

praNAms
Hare Krishna

"alpAksharamasandhigdaM sAravadvishvatO mukhaM, astObhamanavadyaM cha sUtraM sUtravidO viduH...purAna vachana about sUtra lakshaNa is really at the discouraging  level here :-)   bhagavatpAda, incarnation of bhagavAn shankara says something, rAmAnujAchArya, Adishesha avatAra, says something else and madhvAchArya, incarnation of mukhya prANa devarU sees something entirely new thing in the same adhikaraNa / sUtra...We the jignAsu-s, going by our traditional Acharya-s interpretation, thinking it is the final verdict of the sUtra and arguing with others :-) It's so amusing some times to witness the traditional war on siddhAnta among various schools of thought :-)

Just looking at all these outside the boundaries of any tradition.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar