[Advaita-l] Meaning and significance of mantra

Raghav Kumar Dwivedula raghavkumar00 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 05:55:47 EDT 2018

Namaste
I have heard it said that the word manyuH and krodhaH are not synonyms
although their meanings are close and in some contexts are used
interchangeably.

krodhaH = anger in all its variants particularly that under whose pressure
a person is liable to even violate dharma.

manyuH = righteous anger as when seeing dharmic actions, such as a child
being harmed etc. The anger of Shiva or Rama towards Asuras was of this
kind which made them use force at the service of dharma. Or , a more
topical example would be, the anger that arises when scholarly distortion
and calumny from left-leaning academia is directed at the sanAtana dharma !

Similarly the word kAma is not always negative or a pApakArayita as when
Sri Krishna says that "dharmAviruddho bhuteShu kAmo'smi bharatarShabha". (
"I am kAma which is unopposed to dharma, in all living beings, O Arjuna")

Om
Raghav

On Mon 27 Aug, 2018, 2:37 PM Dev Babu via Advaita-l, <