[Advaita-l] Meaning and significance of mantra

Dev Babu devbab at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 04:58:59 EDT 2018

PraNAms to All
KAmo KArusheen -- JapA has a close connection to Srimad Bhagavad Gita Ch.3
- Sh.37.  As in Sh.36, Arjuna asks Lord Krishna
"Why everybody commit sins knowingly as though it is their default
operating system? "

Krishna Says," It is due to KAma and kroDha,  the inherent defect of Rajo
guna and know this to be your enemy"
Hence kAma and Krodha = Manyu:
While explaining the effects of Rajo Guna's inherent fault,
Pujya Swami Omkarananda in His Talks, hence recommends KAmO karusheen
Japa's  for
*Rajo-Guna - Nivrutti -  Dispelling the effects of Rajo Guna:*
This Japa also bestows the seeker with "*Guilt feeling removal" *to
increase His VairAgyam.
Little that I have heard from Pujya Swami ji, if it benefits you all.

Harih Om

On Sun, Aug 26, 2018 at 12:51 AM kuntimaddi sadananda via Advaita-l <