[Advaita-l] Watch "மெய்சிலிர்க்கும் வசனம்! மறக்க முடியாத காட்சி | Rajinikanth Mass Scenes| Sri Ragavendra Scenes|" on YouTube

Srinath Vedagarbha svedagarbha at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 17:06:26 EDT 2017

On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 10:49 PM, V Subrahmanian <v.subrahmanian at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 4:45 AM, Srinath Vedagarbha <svedagarbha at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>

>> On Sun, Sep 24, 2017 at 5:23 PM, V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l <
>>
>>> https://youtu.be/pxD4YC3G0TU
>>>
>>> A treat to the heart. A Madhwa scholar brings out Hari-Hara abheda.
>>>

>> This is quite laughable -- is this your nirNaya based on a movie dialog
>> after all?
>>
>> If one care to look at srI rAghavEndra tIrtha's mUla works, Hari
>> sarvottamattvaM is quite glaring!
>>

> It is not that I am unaware of the above. Yet what is depicted in the
> movie is good to the society.

The sentiment that one should do good to society is praise worthy, but not
the cost of actual tatva. Do you teach kids falsehood even if it is sweeter
to them?

> By the way, some years ago I happened to see a cover page title:
> 'hari-hara bheda salladu'  on  a Kannada journal named 'mukhyaprāṇa'.  I
> could not read the article, though, at that time. Nor could I access the
> copy later.

But again, in such article one needs to evaluate balAbala of quoted
pramANa-s (if anything at all). No need to jump to conclusion just because
a article appears it is established fact.

> Also, we have to keep in mind the fact that Sri Raghavendra is very
> popular among Tamils, both brahmin and non-brahmin. Most do not know his
> philosophy or his works. They look upon him as a miracle man.

That does not mean we should ignore real intent of Sri Raghavendra Swami
and applause those talking politically correct dialog in  a movie.

Your original claim should have been "A treat to the heart. A Tamil actor
acting as Madhwa scholar brings out Hari-Hara abheda in a Tamil movie".
This would have been more honest reporting and less misleading to others.

/sv