[Advaita-l] Watch "மெய்சிலிர்க்கும் வசனம்! மறக்க முடியாத காட்சி | Rajinikanth Mass Scenes| Sri Ragavendra Scenes|" on YouTube

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 23:06:37 EDT 2017

On 30 Sep 2017 02:36, "Srinath Vedagarbha" <svedagarbha at gmail.com> wrote:

> It is not that I am unaware of the above. Yet what is depicted in the
> movie is good to the society.

The sentiment that one should do good to society is praise worthy, but not
the cost of actual tatva. Do you teach kids falsehood even if it is sweeter
to them?

What you call 'actual' tattva is what is disputed.

> By the way, some years ago I happened to see a cover page title:
> 'hari-hara bheda salladu'  on  a Kannada journal named 'mukhyaprāṇa'.  I
> could not read the article, though, at that time. Nor could I access the
> copy later.

But again, in such article one needs to evaluate balAbala of quoted
pramANa-s (if anything at all). No need to jump to conclusion just because
a article appears it is established fact.

The fact that such an article appeared in a Madhwa journal is what I
reported.

> Also, we have to keep in mind the fact that Sri Raghavendra is very
> popular among Tamils, both brahmin and non-brahmin. Most do not know his
> philosophy or his works. They look upon him as a miracle man.

That does not mean we should ignore real intent of Sri Raghavendra Swami
and applause those talking politically correct dialog in  a movie.

Your original claim should have been "A treat to the heart. A Tamil actor
acting as Madhwa scholar brings out Hari-Hara abheda in a Tamil movie".
This would have been more honest reporting and less misleading to others.

The title suggested by you does not change what title I have given. That it
is a movie, acted by Rajnikanth is clear.
By the way, Rajnikanth gave 10 crore donation to Mantralaya Temple:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/telugu/movies/news/Rajinikanth-donates-Rs-10-crore-to-temple/articleshow/16768216.cms

//According to a press note from the temple authorities, the old buildings
to the rear of the Sarvagnya Mandir would be dismantled and 25 fresh A/C
cottages and 100 general rooms would be constructed, using the amount
donated by Rajini.//

The movie came in 1985, the donation was made much later. The Temple has no
objection to the portrayal in the movie.

//Few dacades back Actor Rajani Kanth took Rayaru Message which was
reverbarating in every nook and corner of Tamilnadu . I considered it as a
great contribution done by him to our system which we did not do. //

//I do not see religious leaders in our community who command respect from
all Madhwa people.

EVEN TO SPREAD THE MESSAGE OF RAGHAVENDRA SWAMY FROM 1970s till DATE, DR
RAJKUMAR, AN IDIGA BY BIRTH IN KARNATAKA & RAJNIKANTH, A MARATHI SPEAKING
KHSATHRIYA IN TAMILNADU percieved to have done more than MADHWA MUTTs /
COMMUNITY.//