[Advaita-l] In defense of Advaita and Vivarta-Vada

Sujal Upadhyay sujal.u at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 09:58:55 CST 2013

Pranams Ravi ji,

RAvi: Moksha and gyana is open to all. Socially and legally one can chant
Veda , become a purohit , etc but that is proper per Shastras. Similarly
with regards to marriage , diet, etc.

Moksha and gyana are open to all, but karma Kand, as full time job, is
exclusive to Brahmins, as they are not allowed to do any job.

Various e.g. from both sides claiming vArNa is by birth and other claiming
varNa is by guNa can be given from shastra-s.

Only thing that make me to favour varNa by Birth is

VarNa is by guNa, but guNa is by birth BG18.41 Shankara BhASya. Else why
would bhagavan give birth in a particular family?

There are e.g. of promotions form lower to higher varNa, but there is no
single e.g. of demotion. What if Brahmin commits a sin or a Kshatriya
commits a sin, does they get pushed down to a Shudra?

Is there a procedure for promotion or demotion. The only procedure I know
is upnayana sanskaara which gives rites to 3 varNa-s to study veda-s.

Vedanta or tatva Jnana can be given to all, but the way of teaching may be
different.

Aum

OM

Sujal Upadhyay

"To disconnect from the self and to become Aware of anything else is
nothing but unhappiness" - Bhagawan Ramana Maharshi

He who has faith has all
He who lacks faith, lacks all
It is the faith int he name of lord that works wonders
FAITH IS LIFE, DOUBT IS DEATH - Sri Ramakrishna