[Advaita-l] In defense of Advaita and Vivarta-Vada

Ravi Chandrasekhara vadhula at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 22 06:37:49 CST 2013

Pranam,

What does it mean by allowing another jaathi /varna member to follow Braahmana dharma?

Moksha and gyana is open to all. Socially and legally one can chant Veda , become a purohit , etc but that is proper per Shastras. Similarly with regards to marriage , diet, etc.

Also then the corollary, if a Nraahmana behaves like a Shudra, then in order to follow dharma properly, should we cut off his yagnopaveeta ?

Ravi Chandrasekhara

Sent from my iPhone