[Advaita-l] Naam sankirtan

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Mon Feb 13 06:05:57 CST 2012

praNAms Sri Satish prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Where is this brahmaloka? Or what exactly is meant by a brahmaloka?

> shankara while talking about hiraNyagarbha lOka or brahma lOka which is
the abode for the saguNOpAsaka-s, did not mention the address of this
lOka.  However, he talks about mahApraLaya, brahma jnAna upadesha from
brahmA etc. in that lOka, it appears that this lOka is entirely different
from bhUlOka and svarga-naraka.

Some real place? Or some thing metaphorical and not real?

>  if you have some esoteric meaning for this lOka, kindly do share with
us.  I have read in some yOga related article that 'brahma lOka' is
nothing put 'AjnA chakra' (the place between the eye brows) in a rAja
yOgi.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar