[Advaita-l] Sivaanandalahari - 26

Anbu sivam2 anbesivam2 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 13:10:27 CST 2009

Sivaanandalahari - 26कदा वा त्वां दृष्ट्वा गिरिश तव भव्यांघ्रियुगलं
गृहीत्वा हस्ताभ्यां शिरसि नयने वक्षसि वहन् ।
समाश्लिष्याघ्राय स्फुट-जलज-गन्धान् परिमला-
नलभ्यां ब्रह्माध्यै-र्मुद-मनुभविष्यामि हृदये ॥ २६ ॥

kadA vA tvAM dRuShTvA giriSa tava BavyAMghriyugalaM
gRuhItvA hastAByAM Sirasi nayane vakShasi vahan |
samASliShyAghrAya sPuTa-jalaja-gandhAn parimalA-
nalaByAM brahmAdhyai-rmuda-manuBaviShyAmi hRudaye || 26 ||

When will I be seeing you, holding your auspicious pair of feet with my
hands, keeping them on my head and chest and embracing them and smell the
fragrant smell of lotus in it and experience the ecstasy which is difficult
to obtain even for Brahma and other God.

*Commentary*

Aum

Achinthyamavyakthamananatharoopam sivam prasaanthamamrutham brahmayonim |
thamaadhimadyaanthaviheenamEkham vibhum chidhaanandhamaroopamadhbhutham ||
Umaasahaayam paramEswaram prabhum thrilochanam neelakaNtam prasaantham |
dhyaathvaa munirgacchathi bhoothayOnim samasthasaakshim thamasa: parasthaath
(KaivalyOpanishad)

Parameswara alone has the ability to give mOkshasaamraajyam. There is no
greater bhakthi than doing his aaraadhana. Even though he is anantham, even
though he has no beginning or end, even though he is all pervading, even
though he chidaanandan, even though he achinthyan, even though he is beyond
the three states of jaagrat, swapnam and sushupthi, yet just as water
becomes ice in extreme cold, he appears as saguna Brahman, as Gowri SamEdhan
due to his kindness to the devoted jeevaraasis. Hey! Parameswara! When am I
going to see you as Vrishabhaaroodan with my human eyes?

Hey! Jagat Rakshaka! Your lotus feet remains the mokshaayathanam to the
pious devotees, your lotus feet did dwamsam of kaala and saved MaarkandEya,
your lotus feet created the Sudharsana Chakra of great mahima, in your lotus
feet did Mahaavishnu submit his pundareekaaksham, at your lotus feet crores
of devas, rishis, vasus, pannakaas, kinnaras, asuras, brahmanishtaas,
urakaas, siddhaas and others surrendered all the time, your lotus feet was
untraceable to Mahaavishnu when you stood as a column of fire before him,
that lotus feet, O! MahEswara! when would I be able to see with my human
eyes? Without attaining your feet my life is wasting away.

Hey! SaraNaagathavathsalaa! I am unable to hold on to your two lotus feet of
great mahima - thavabhavyaangriyugalam - and to keep them on my head and on
my eyes, and hug them to me on my chest and smell the lotus! What will I do?
Whom do I tell? Hey! KaruNaanidhE! please, please protect me!

The Veda says: "Ethasyaivaanandhasya anyaani bhoothaani
maathraamupajeevanthi". There is no aanandha beyond this sivaananda. When am
I going to experience this aananda in my heart? I am unable to withstand my
inability to reach your lotus feet. This thaapam is killing me! I have
become an undescribable asakthan. If only you would show your mercy on me
would there be anything that is beyond my reach?

வைத்திடுங் காலைப் பிடித்துக் கண்ணில் மார்பில்
வைத்தணைத்துக் கொண்டு கையால் வளைத்துக் கட்டிச்
சித்தமிசை புக இருத்திப் பிடித்துக்கொண்டு
தியக்கமற இன்பசுகஞ்சேர்வதென்றொ?
(தாயுமானவர்)