[Advaita-l] vedic chanting on cd's

Ramesh Krishnamurthy rkmurthy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 01:18:41 CST 2009

Dear Sri Ravi,

Dharma is not a matter of absolutes. It is relative to context,
ability and other factors. There is no single answer to any of your
questions. I have myself tried to find answers to such questions from
various quarters and got different messages.

But the summary of my learning is thus - "You do your duty; let others
do theirs".

By following such an approach one can generally see what is to be done
in most situations. Our culture has always stressed the performance of
one's own duties to the best of one's ability, instead of worrying
about whether somebody else has the right to do this or that. In any
case, others are not going to blindly follow one's views. However by
doing one's own duty one gains in moral stature and the ability to
influence others.

Just my 2 paise
Ramesh