[Advaita-l] vedic chanting on cd's

Mahadevan Babu babunim at optushome.com.au
Wed Nov 11 05:03:54 CST 2009

Dear Sri Ravi,
Sri Gurubyo Namaha !
I tend to agree with Ramesh in that one need to worry only about his
or her own qualifications and righteous deeds.  If in doubt, it is
always best to refer to your parents first and then to your family
purohit or other learned Scholars.

As far as chanting in CDs are concerned, I would not learn from them
initially for sure, but may use it for practicing along etc.
Also, when you learn it front of a Proper Vedic Pandit, he will
correct your tones, pronunciations etc.

But, there is a big difference from a Human being chanting and the
same being played from a CD / Tape etc.

The following is is a scientific finding I heard from one of a learned
scholar / practitioner /scientist in USA.

I believe the BHANA Lingam stones found in the banks of Narmada river
have a very unique crystalline needle like structure of  symmetric
composition.
When a person chant RUDRAM with proper method , these crystals going
into a kind of perpetual vibration, which I believe they were able to
scientifically record.
However, if one was to record the same with the best possible form of
digital equipment and replay, there is absolutely no vibrations
exhibited in the crystal of any sort.
This proves one of the fact, the JIVA or Prana factor while chanting
the VEDAS plays the most critical part.

Also, after many years of chanting continuously before the Bhana
Lingam, the crystals go into a perpetual form of vibrations and they
emit the same vibrations back.

Hari Om
Babu