[Advaita-l] Science & Consistency

Michael Shepherd michael at shepherd87.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Aug 25 09:54:37 CDT 2009

So people keep telling me ! But there are many scientists -- more and more, especially in such fields as cognitive research and brain dissection -- who look beyond, and recognise that consciousness is something to be explored in their own scientific field.

Years ago, a friend was doing a PhD thesis on Field Theory. When he read it to me, I exclaimed 'Why, that's the Perfect Prayer !'

I'm not a scientist any longer; but I believe that Advaita is the ultimate 'universally appllicable scientific theory'.

I also suspect -- and hope -- that soon, someone will show that the theory of evolution too can be equated with Advaita Vedanta. My own suspicion is that evolution proceeds at different speeds in th different worlds..

Michael

नगुरोरधिकं नगुरोरधिकं नगुरोरधिकं नगुरोरधिकम्।
शिवशासनतश्शिवशासनतः शिवशासनतश्शिवशासनतः ।।