[Advaita-l] Science & Consistency

Sarma KV sarmakv at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 09:05:27 CDT 2009

Science tries to know the world from within it. Hence its "reach" is
limited. Possibility of having a universally applicable scientific theory is
far-fetched from science's present form.

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 7:14 PM, Michael Shepherd <
michael at shepherd87.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

> Nice question to ponder !
>
> Since 'science' means 'knowing', I suggest that all the sciences must be of
> their nature, analogous to sadhana : indriya under the witness of atman
> lead
> to chid-abhaasa and to chit, which however needs constant refreshment from
> chid...
>
> Donald Rumsfeld was laughed at for this -- but he spoke truth :
>
> 'There are things we know we know; and things we know we don't know; and
> things we don't know we don't know...'
>
> Could be a definition of sadhana ? :)
>
> Michael

नगुरोरधिकं नगुरोरधिकं नगुरोरधिकं नगुरोरधिकम्।
शिवशासनतश्शिवशासनतः शिवशासनतश्शिवशासनतः ।।

Best Regards,
Syam