[Advaita-l] Science & Consistency

Michael Shepherd michael at shepherd87.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Aug 25 08:44:06 CDT 2009

Nice question to ponder !

Since 'science' means 'knowing', I suggest that all the sciences must be of
their nature, analogous to sadhana : indriya under the witness of atman lead
to chid-abhaasa and to chit, which however needs constant refreshment from
chid...

Donald Rumsfeld was laughed at for this -- but he spoke truth :

'There are things we know we know; and things we know we don't know; and
things we don't know we don't know...'

Could be a definition of sadhana ? :)

Michael