[Advaita-l] Fwd: SSS, avidyA, shrI Ramakrishnan

Siva Senani Nori sivasenani at yahoo.com
Thu May 24 00:44:48 CDT 2007

namaskAramu Siddhartha gAru

----- Original Message ----
From: Annapureddy Siddhartha Reddy annapureddy at gmail.com

2 -- avidyA is a mutual superimposition of the Self on the non-Self
done by the mind.

I will make my current position too clear for you. I feel SSS said
only 1. If he did make statements like 2 (as I mentioned, I do not
have access to the books, and hence have no way of ascertaining the
context of the quotes you mentioned), then presumably it could be
ascribed to reasons like imprecise use of language etc.

* With due respect, factual questions should be verifed not argued. Whether Sri Satchidanendra Sarasvati Swamiji made such a statement (2 above) or not is verifiable, and since Sri Ramakrishnan has made his understanding explicit, would it not have been better to take up this matter * after * verifying the factual position?

Senani

____________________________________________________________________________________Choose the right car based on your needs.  Check out Yahoo! Autos new Car Finder tool.
http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/