[Advaita-l] Causal Body

Jay Nelamangala jay at r-c-i.com
Fri Jun 6 16:01:15 CDT 2003

Dear bhaskar-jI,

>  But what Sri Jay prabhuji says is *samanvaya* has to be done as
>instructed by bAdarAyaNa himself in vyOma saMhita.  & samanyava should not
>be done on any achArya's individual opinion. Further, Sri Jay claims that
>he is doing samanyava in prasthana traya strictly as per stipulated
>parameters of this saMhita. Anything goes against this is not samanvaya at
>all.  But I am afraid, we have difference of opinion in VPS, Sri bhAshya &
>nyaya sudha about samanvaya.  Could anybody throw more light on this
>concept *samanvaya* according to various schools of thought.

There are couple of minor corrections here.

1) "samanvaya"  is not from vyOma-samhitaa,  it is from brihat-samhitaa.
2) I quoted vyOma-samhitaa to understand how the word "bhakti" shows up in
shruti.
3) I am not claiming that I do,  but  I am only saying my school does.
4) VPS, Sri BhAshya and nyAya sudhA ??  -  you are comparing oranges and
apples

Sri bhAshya - is the rAmAnujeeya  brahma-sootra-bhAshya
nyAya-sudhA by Sri Jayatheertha is the commentory on anuvyAkhyAna by Sri
Madhwa.
Sri Madhwa has written four works on sootra-prasthAna.
1) Brahma-sootra-bhAshya 2) anyvyAkhyAna 3) nyAya-vivaraNa 4) aNu-bhAshya

VPS is an independent work by Sri VidyAraNya,  based on vivaraNa of
prakAshAtman
which is a commentory on pancha-pAdikaa  of Sri PadmapAda which is a
commentory
on Sri Shankara bhAshya.

This is what I meant when I said apples and oranges.