[Advaita-l] Causal Body

bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Jun 4 02:33:37 CDT 2003

praNAm Sri Sadananda prabhuji
Hare Krishna

prabhuji you wrote :

Atma is in its swaruupa in all the three states, not just in the deep
sleep state.

>  But prabhuji, if the Atman is in swa-swarUpa in all the three states,
then when we are in waking state, why we dont experience the bliss that we
experience in sushupti?  If we say it is coz. of avidya of the vishwa (jiva
in waking state) then we will have to consider a separate katru/bhoktru who
is having the experiences of waking state with the help of indriyas on the
platform of sAkshi cheta:/brahman (dvAsuparNA sayujA skhAya samAnaM
vruksham parikshajAte).  We forced to accept the duality (katru/bhOktru &
sAkshi) bit confusing... pls. clarify??

The pressure of the vasana-s will push one to different states.
Vasana-s are part of the prakRiti which is trigunaatmikam - satva, rajas
and tamoguna. When tamoguna predominates - one is pushed to deep sleep -

>  prabhuji, sushupti is the state without any trace of our antahkaraNa
i.e. mind & intellect & this state is called nirvikalpa.  But tamOguNa is
vrutti of mind, how can we attribute sushupti state as tamOguNa pradhAna?
When we are in other two states we will have to deal with BMI complexes
whereas in sushupti these BMI barriers will not be there & will be enjoying
*nirvikalpAnanda*  if this bliss is gained through tamOguNa, then how can
we describe the gunAthIta anada??

when rajoguna predominates one is pushed back to waking and dream
states.  The suppressions and oppressions of the waking state provide
the seed vasana-s for the dream state. The total prarabda karma will
push one to waking state since one needs body, mind and intellect as
well as waking environment to exhaust ones vasana-s.

>  prabhuji you mean to say dreaming state is dependent on waking state??
But in dreaming state we dont think so, no?? though, we will be in our own
created world, we do vyavahAra as if there is separate world outside us in
dream state, we do witness dEsha, kAla parichinna prapancha separate from
ME & we do feel sukha-dukha etc. etc. as we do experience in waking state.
For karmas we do in dream do we attract karma phala?? if not, why
prabhuji?? what is the difference between waking karma & dreaming karma??
Why we have to come to waking state to exhaust karma phala rather vasanas,
when we equally experiencing all the three states in same REALITY when we
ARE THERE in respective states.  Shruti says *svapnAtam jAgaritAntaM cha
ubhou yEnAnupaShyati! mahAntaM vibhumAtmAnaM matvA dhIrO na ShOchati!!*  It
is clearly said that one who knows the sAkshi cheta: (who is witness of
both jAgrat & swapna states ) will not grieve. So, jAgrat & swapna are two
different avasthas which are entirely different from each other correct
prabhuji??.  Kindly clarify.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar