Questions

Ashish Chandra ramkisno at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 5 17:32:02 CDT 2002

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002 14:01:54 -0700, Venkatraman.Chandrasekaran at NOKIA.COM
wrote:

>IMHO, consciousness, unlike the antakaraNa-s, cannot leave any memory
>imprints. So usually a person coming out of deep-sleep or coma-state,
>hardly knows how long (not even roughly) he was in that state. A person
>could remain in coma-state for several weeks..

It is only through consciousness that the antahkarana is illumined. Without
the Atman/Consciousness, antahkarana is nothing but prakriti. Prakriti is
jada (non-sentient). So consciousness has its prints all over us all the
time.

>But when he comes out of
>it, in the end, he won't even think that he was out for an hour. It would
>really seem only like a wink. But this really doesn't refute
the "existence
>of Brahman in all states" since Brahman is all-pervading all the time.

I guess what I was pointing out was that even as those things which give us
the impression of the body being present, the mind being present, the ego
being present and the intellect being present, are actually not percieved,
there is still "something" that percieves their absence. We cannot jump to
calling it Brahman or something else but we can certainly admit that it ,
whatever it may be, is conscious.

ashish