New member introduction: Jonnavittula N. Sastry

Tue May 28 16:24:26 CDT 2002

I am a Hindu from Hyderabad, now based in California.  Over the past
20 years approximately, I read some books and heard lectures of swamijis,
all centered around Advaita philosophy.  My first brush with advaita
philosophy was in my teens, when I casually browsed "Bhakti Yoga" by
Swami Vivekananda and read other books by the same author.

Well, my interest is to understand the meanings of some of the prayers
that we offer and the slokas we chant.  This leads to the related subject
of gaining basic knowledge of Sanskrit.

Also, I'm very anxious to understand the application in my life, of the
science of realizing the TRUTH.

I'm not sure if this is the kind of introduction you want, but I guess
these are the relevant details about myself.

Best regards
Sastry