Kashmiri Shaivism

Shrinivas Gadkari sgadkari2001 at YAHOO.COM
Sat May 4 23:37:52 CDT 2002

On Sat, 4 May 2002 20:19:15 -0400, Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar at BRAINCELLS.COM>
wrote:
>> A: "Who controls the dream ?".
>>
>> B: Ishvara is the controller.
>>
>> B: So I control the dream when I am in the state of Ishvara. And
>> experience it when I am in the state of Jiva. And keep jumping
>> states all the time.
>
>What good then is mukti?  The whole point of it is that it is final.  But
>if this view is accepted then even if by arduous effort we manage to
>attain mukti, it could suddenly be yanked away from us again by a jump of
>state.  Perhaps we don't mind.  Perhaps we delight in both the unmanifest
>and manifest states.  Then why do we need any sadhana at all?  It would be
>sufficient to just wait around and the changes would just happen by
>themselves.

B: The concept of mukti is from the view point of the Jiva.
Sadhana is targetted to relieve the Jiva from suffering. The
whole purpose of creation was fun. Lack of correct knowledge
makes Jiva suffer, hence sadhana. Everything that I am saying
are standard statements nothing new. Only stressing the fun
part of the game.

By not doing anything the suffering of the Jiva will not go
away.

Shrinivas Gadkari