Kashmiri Shaivism

Sat May 4 19:19:15 CDT 2002

On Fri, 3 May 2002, Shrinivas Gadkari wrote:

> A: "Who controls the dream ?".
>
> B: Ishvara is the controller.
>
> B: So I control the dream when I am in the state of Ishvara. And
> experience it when I am in the state of Jiva. And keep jumping
> states all the time.

What good then is mukti?  The whole point of it is that it is final.  But
if this view is accepted then even if by arduous effort we manage to
attain mukti, it could suddenly be yanked away from us again by a jump of
state.  Perhaps we don't mind.  Perhaps we delight in both the unmanifest
and manifest states.  Then why do we need any sadhana at all?  It would be
sufficient to just wait around and the changes would just happen by
themselves.