Bhakti yoga

Stephanie Stean cerebral_rose at MAC.COM
Sat Jun 22 07:13:50 CDT 2002

Understanding all that has been said, why would people maintain Advaita
Vedanta as being theistic?
Theistic has God inherently involved in it, and God is not Brahman.  God
signifies personal deity or being of some kind (English definition).

So, in many of the translations, God seems to be an insufficient and
misleading word to use for Brahman.   Is God used because of lack of a
better term?  What do you mean when you use the word God, especially from
Advaitin perspective?

Jaldhar asked, (probably for me to ponder the question), What do you expect
God to be?  I have a very clear answer to this.  And my answer does not
incorporate a God of any sort.  Because the word God, never comes to mind at
all.  The reason I bring this up is because, from what I've read thus far,
moksha breaks one past the barrier of personal anything (concepts and
dualities) and a "God" no longer would exist.

Maybe Jaldhar is right, the problem is a semantic one and I'm not
understanding the use of the words.

Thanks

Stephanie