r^Na vimochana stotram

Subrahmanian, Sundararaman V [IT] sundararaman.v.subrahmanian at CITIGROUP.COM
Tue Jun 11 10:35:01 CDT 2002

I recently had the chance to listen to a CD on Sri Lakshmi Narasimha.  It is
rendered by Bombay sisters. One of the stotrams is the "r^Na vimochan
stotram".  The legend at the bottom of the CD states that it is by Sri
Sankara. When I listened to the contents of the stotram, it had the
following refrain in each line:

"r^Na muktayE" - may I be relieved of my debts.

and the stotra ends with the line:

"dhanam SIghram avApnuyAt" - may I receive wealth soon.

Question:

When and why did Sri Sankara write this?  Is there a story behind this?
"r^Na" and "dhanam" - do they imply something else or just the literal
translation?

Regards,
SVS