New member introduction: Michael Reidy

Fri Jun 7 09:06:46 CDT 2002

I studied philosophy in University and in my subsequent travels in India I
found a Sat Guru and became interested in Vedanta.  That was in '71.  Not
knowing anything about him, in '74, I was brought by a friend to meet the
Kanchi Shankaracarya (64th?)  From outside a palisade the dozen or so
gathered were asking questions.  I was invited to question him so I asked
'Should I continue my studies?'.  Please continue was the answer and he
swivelled his wrists towards me.  A force buffeted me in the chest and
pushed me back a pace.  So I continue.