300 Million Hindus to Convert to Christianity?

Wed Oct 10 10:43:22 CDT 2001

On Mon, 8 Oct 2001, Sankaran Kartik Jayanarayanan wrote:

> This is news about Hinduism in general, but it may interest many members
> of this list to hear about 300 million Hindus hoping to convert to
> Christianity:

This story is completely devoid of anything resembling a fact.  It all
boils down to the allegations of a "Dr. K.P."  Think about it.  Doesn't
common sense tell you if there was a purpose who could speak for 300
million people, we would know a bit more about him than a set of initials?
Doesn't a passing acquaintence with sociology make you skeptical of doing
*anything* en masse, let alone something major like changing religion?

It's ironic we've been talking about the heights of science the past few
days but the need for something much more basic--viveka is underscored.

Please don't spread this sort of thing around, it only induces hysteria
and poisons the already shockingly low level of public discourse in Indian
society.