New member introduction: Ganga Karmokar

Wed Oct 4 23:54:43 CDT 2000

On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, sharon tang wrote:

> Namaste and Good Morning -
> There is no past tense... nor is there a future or a present...

Then why say good morning? :-)

>  Realization
> is the Truth of Being... it is beyond time and the divisions of Maya... Maya
> is empty and therefore also non-dual in nature... and in the emptiness what
> remains? Only Source...
> Emptiness contains All yet holds nothing.... Personality disolves.. it
> ceases that which you write to is a cog in the universe.. but Self is
> Constant....

I don't know where you got the notion of all is emptiness, but its' not
from Advaita Vedanta.  Advaita Vedanta acknowledges the slippery nature of
language but is optimistic that positive descriptions can be made if we
try hard enough.  The trouble with the no-mind idea(!) is that for all
its' faults the mind is the best tool we have for apprehending reality.
If we fail to exercise our minds we have just rendered ourselves deaf,
dumb and blind.

> here are a couple of writings that may explain....
> If you think that this line is for my continuation of the path you are wrong
> the path is ended... No matter the vehicle... whether Advaita or  Zen or
> Christianity that which is called realization is the same experience and
> Truth... Beyond All Dogma and division... undiluted Pristine Awareness...

The problem is that this kind of thing is easy to say but putting it into
practice is not so easy.  We can all talk big on the Internet but what do
we do when we log off?

I would urge all new age types reading this to make a systematic study of
the tenets (the "dogma" if you will) of Advaita Vedanta.  If  indeed the
path has already ended, it won't hurt, but you just may find out that it
has in fact only just begun.

bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam

Help     : Email to listmaster at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
           SIGNOFF ADVAITA-L in the body.