Doubts

Sankaran Panchapagesan panchap at ICSL.UCLA.EDU
Wed Aug 11 11:36:13 CDT 1999

Namaste.

> "henotheism" which means "One but in many forms" or something like that.
>
> I don't know how accurate MaxMuller's theories are.

It has traditional support, I think. I read somewhere that Yaska, the
author of Nirukta (an etymological work attached to the Vedas?) discusses
various opinions on the devas, and finally gives his opinion that they are
all different manifestations of the same Atman. Does anybody know more
about this?

Regards,
Ganesh