154. kAntA

Ravisankar Mayavaram msr at ISC.TAMU.EDU
Sat Nov 7 19:29:55 CST 1998

154. kAntA

SHE who is brilliant. The word kAntA is derived from the root kAn
which means brilliant. SHE is brilliant and bewitching. SHE
assumes the form of madanagopala and bewitches the world. It is
said in the shruti (tripura tApini upaniShad) that the primordial
lalitA assumes the male form of Lord Krishna to bewitch the world
with music of His flute.

AUM kAntAyai namaH