Sadhana

Dr. M. Giridhar giridhar at CHEMENG.IISC.ERNET.IN
Fri May 1 22:53:20 CDT 1998

>OK, I understand that we have to personally walk the path and see that
>the snake is indeed a rope. The proof of the existence of the Eternal
>Absolute would've put some conviction and purpose into the effort, but
>again, nothing that's truly worth it ever comes easy!

        When someone said sugar was sweet, we tasted it and found it was
so. We did not understand why it is so or the chemical composition of
sugar etc. Of course, there is a possibility that the person may misguide
you into thinking poison is sweet. Therefore, it finally boils down to
trust. Can we blindly trust someone who says 'brahman satyam' etc. ? Yes,
since persons like Ramana Maharshi and Shankara have told you so. And they
have told you the path to be followed also. We can not simply say 'Prove
to me that sugar is sweet. Then only I will taste it.' Whatever proofs one
may give theoretically will fall short of the actual experience in tasting
it. So it is with samadhi.

namaste.