[Advaita-l] Veda-s & its apaurusheyatva

Michael Shepherd michael at shepherd87.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Sep 3 04:32:58 CDT 2009

Namaste Praveen-ji !

Yes, the mantras to which all Hindus devote themselves so assiduously every
day give them a huge advantage over the rest of the world. So Hindu
missionaries should be flooding the rest of the world, converting thousands
without aid of cash...

Meanwhile the rest of us look at such as yourself with discreet envy, and
struggle to ascend the foothills of the spiritual Himalayas, gazing with
admiration at your example from the unworthiness of our karma... :)

However, as Shri Maharaj Shantananda said, in his love for the boundless
self, 'There are slow ways and quick ways, and hard ways and easy
ways'...urging meditation on the unrealised and the realised alike..

So we Abrahmanics struggle on, remembering what we were also told -- that
the greatest gift one can give to one's fellow human beings is to remind
them that the Self is boundless..

Pranams,
Michael