[Advaita-l] Veda-s & its apaurusheyatva

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 21:14:23 CDT 2009

Hari Om, Michael-ji,

On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 4:25 AM, Michael
Shepherd<michael at shepherd87.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
> You know perfectly well what I meant ! 'Veda' means wisdom; and that is
> available in any language. As my full posting made clear.
> And for that matter, the four Sanskrit Veda have also been translated into
> 'all tongues'.

I'm sure you do know that Vedas, apart from meaning wisdom, also have
a huge part that has mantras to be chanted as per svara. The translations
are no good there, because it is harmful to just read the Vedas and not
perform the rites/ chant those mantras, as I understand from Ishopanishad.

Of course, Upanishads are a different matter.

praNAms,
--Praveen R. Bhat
[Br.Up. 4.5.15] */