[Advaita-l] [advaitin] The constant thought of 'I am Vishnu' results in liberation, moksha - Skandapurana

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 07:49:29 EST 2024

On Sun, Jan 28, 2024 at 5:21 PM 'sreenivasa murthy' via advaitin <
advaitin at googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Dear Sri Subramanian,
>
> You write :"one becomes liberated from bondage by constantly thinking 'I
> am Vishnu'"
>
> IS it not like saying "One becomes a crorepati by
> constantly thinking 'I am Mukesh Ambani'"?

Namaste Sir,

The difference is this:  Since Vishnu (The all pervading Consciousness) is
my very svarupam, the contemplation frees me.  Since crorepati is not my
svarupam there is no use constantly thinking I am Mukesh Ambani.  But in
the modern world, a person who wants to become a crorepati benefits from
the lessons Mukesh Ambani's life teaches.

warm regards
subbu