[Advaita-l] [advaitin] What Counter Correlative means in Navya Nyaaya

Kuntimaddi Sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 10 04:32:23 EST 2024

PraNAms to everybody.
Thanks for all the responses. It is clear to me now.
Hari Om!Sadananda

    On Wednesday, January 10, 2024 at 01:45:46 PM GMT+5:30, V Subrahmanian <v.subrahmanian at gmail.com> wrote:

 Dear Sada ji,
The term 'Counter correlative' is used for the Sanskrit equivalent 'pratiyogin':  In the case cited by you, it would be called 'abhAva pratiyogin':

A Study of Pratiyogin
J-Stagehttps://www.jstage.jst.go.jp › ibk1952 › _pdf › -charby A Uno · 1975 — and 'counter-positive' or 'counter-relative' for the absential pratiyogin. Here, however, we want to use the original Sanskrit terms, anuyogin and pratiyogin,.
Anuyogi And Pratiyogi In Logic In Hinduism
Hindu Bloghttps://www.hindu-blog.com › 2024/01 › anuyogi-an...7 days ago — Anuyogi and pratiyogi are correlated substratum and counter-correlative in Hindu logic. Pratiyogita is a subjective relationship between the ...