[Advaita-l] What Counter Correlative means in Navya Nyaaya

Raghav Kumar Dwivedula raghavkumar00 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 03:45:59 EST 2024

Pranams Sadananda ji

A cause has been defined in this system as an invariable, unconditional
antecedent of an effect; an effect, on the other hand, is said to be the
counter-correlative of a prior absence. A counter-correlative of any
absence removes that absence. A pot is a counter-correlative of its prior
absence because this absence of pot disappears as soon as the pot is
produced.

Om

On Wed, 10 Jan, 2024, 1:08 pm Kuntimaddi Sadananda via Advaita-l, <