[Advaita-l] [advaitin] What is Samadhi?

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 07:28:57 EST 2024

Namaste Subbuji,
In my second email to Sadaji sent earlier today, I had shared some
additional sections from the JMV that address this topic.

Swami Vidyaranya holds that videhamukti (ie. the cessation of future
bodies) happens at the time of jnAna itself and refutes the need for a
charamasAkshAtkAra (ie AV2).

In his view, the contemporaneity of jnAna with such a videhamukti is what
was intended by the bhAShyakAra in his brahmasUtrabhAShya.

Kind regards,
Venkatraghavan

On Sat, 3 Feb 2024, 02:10 V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l, <