[Advaita-l] BhAvarUpatA of avidyA

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 08:37:33 EST 2024

On Thu, Feb 1, 2024 at 5:46 PM Sudhanshu Shekhar <sudhanshu.iitk at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I had posted another question also. I will also again reframe the
> questions after your view on this.
>
> 1. Is pot-abhAva triguNatmaka?

I'm not sure what is the implication here, but to be sure, is this abhAva
one of the four of Tarkika's or Vedanti's anupalabdhi? If the former, then
I would assume not so. If the latter, being bhUtala-rUpa, I would assume
so. I am wondering if you are looking at this to arrive at avidyA/mAyA
being triguNAtmikA, then ghaTAbhAva would be triguNAtmikA and therefore,
not vilakShaNa. I am just speculating here though.

Kind rgds,
--Praveen R. Bhat
That, owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */