[Advaita-l] Chandrashekara Saraswati acharya on avatars

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at hitachienergy.com
Fri Mar 24 07:31:31 EDT 2023

praNAms
Hare Krishna

The main point to be noted is that He is born from time to time to save humanity from perishing, by arresting its course along the wrong path and guiding its feet again along the right path.

>  Yes agreed.  No qualms here.

When we say He is born, we have to bear in mind one important difference. Bhagavan Himself proclaims that He has neither beginning nor end (birth or death), and the He is the Supreme Isvara of the Universe. So, He is not born in the ordinary sense, but born out of his own Maaya(Atma Maaya).

>  again agreed.  For that matter the socalled jeeva too does not have any birth nor death, so when Bhagavan saying he is absolute Ishwara he is not pointing his finger at his body but tattva which is na hanyate hanyamAne shareere.

An actor, who is a distinct individual in private life, appears on the stage in one role today and another role tomorrow. The real personality of the actor is hidden behind the make-up on the stage. On the stage he is a different person each day.

>  don't you think same thing applicable to jeeva also??  See we are not disputing these issues with regard to jeeva and Ishwara.  In this transactional world we have already accepted duality.  One is Ishwara Chaitanya which  is on its own assumes so many forms with the absolute control on it (sAdhakAnugrahArthaM as well as dharma saMrakshaNArthaM) and there is / are jeeva-chaitanya-s which due to their respective prArabdha karma janita shareera experiencing their karma phala.  And karma phala-s will be distributed impartially by dAta, who is also adhyaksha (karmAdhyaksha).  So in this duality we are talking about Ishwara's upAdhi.  And you know what is siddhAnta drushti (transcendental view point) about IshwarOpAdhi.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar