[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** RE: Re: Re: [advaitin] Re: Fwd: Brahman has no default form; Only contextual form - Varaha Purana

Kaushik Chevendra chevendrakaushik at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 04:55:50 EDT 2023

Namaste sir.

Here is the main issue without going in circles.
The word "aprakrita" is being used because of the bahsyakaras words.
In the 4th chapter bagavan says "those who know the truth about my divine
birth and activities isn't born again".
Explaining the above statement acharya says bagavans activities and his
birth is "divyam, aprakritam aishvaram".
So it's the word used by acharya himself.
Now in what manner is this "aprakritam" to be understood?
This discussion is continued in the gudartha Deepika where MS acharya says
because the body of bagavan cannot be made of sukshma or gross material it
has to be understood as aprakritam.
Further clarifying his stance he says it's not completely free from
prakriti as well. Any form present on earth is a part of prakriti. And
isvara roopam is not free from this issue. Hence he uses the word
"prakritaprakriti". Neither prakrita nor completely aprakrita.
This is because when krishna chose to kill a demon he would increase his
size hugely or shrink suddenly. Further the entire universe was seen in his
shareera in the sabha when duryodhana tried to bind him. These instances
show that his body is not like the others hence it's "peculiar to isvara"
as stated by acharya in gita bhasya.

Chandrashekhara Bharathi acharya states that when we admit a form to God he
has to be dressed in prakriti even if we do so slightly. Hence the true
tatva of isvara or Vasudeva(gita bhasya) is nirguna brahman only. Only
nirguna brahman is free from prakriti and not any form.
In either case keeping in mind the original discussion, these questions
aren't really required for a sadhaka. Wether isvara felt hunger/thirsty etc
is only known to him. Keeping in mind he is sarvashaktha it seems very
improbable.
Further the entire universe is isvara alone. He is present in everything
equally. It's not that he is more present in roopam than in other things.
Hence devatas, munis etc can also be worshipped as isvara and they yield
the same phala of chutta sudhi. As neither the worship of isvara roopam or
devatas etc give direct mukthi without jnana.
But even if it's admitted that the upasana of devatas leads to chitta sudhi
we can't know the power and efficacy of the upasna. As even though they
lead in the same direction the power is unknown because karma phala is
adhristha. And hence the puranas and ithihasa recommend the worship of
isvara roopas(Devi,Vishnu, Shiva etc) more often.
Regarding this chandrashekhara Bharathi said that as gradation exists in
nature the roopas of isvara are the highest manifestations of the absolute.
Note that they aren't absolute.

Namo narayana

On Tue, 21 Mar, 2023, 11:41 am Raghav Kumar Dwivedula via Advaita-l, <