[Advaita-l] Regarding Introduction Panchayatan to Shanmata

sammit khandeparker justsammit at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 6 04:58:53 EST 2023

शैवाः सौराश्च गाणेशा वैष्णवाः शक्तिपूजकाः ।
मामेव प्राप्नुवंतीह वर्षांभः सागरं यथा ॥ ४३ ॥
Padma Purana 6.88
Dhanywad
Dr. Sammit P. S. Khandeparkar PhD(Religious Studies)

    On Monday, March 6, 2023 at 03:26:17 PM GMT+5:30, Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yr at hitachienergy.com> wrote:

praNAms

Hare Krishna

   - Thanks for the clarification.

I included Puranas into the term Veda.

   - Oh OK, I was curious to know the reference in veda when you mentioned aparusheya veda.  Anyway, which purANa recommends the paNchAyatana pooja paddhati??  Please give me the reference.

The point that I wanted to say was that worship of 5 deities as panch dev upasana was pre-existing before Bhagwadpad.

   - Kindly let us have the valid reference for this.  Though deva-devata upAsana might be prevalent in vaidika sanAtana dharma, would like to know specific numbering of these deities in scriptures.

Though, I did not see the term panchayatana prior to Bhagwadpad.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!

bhaskar