[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Re: Advaita and Madhyamaka Buddhism point to same truth ?

sunil bhattacharjya skbhattacharjya at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 14:17:16 EDT 2023

Dear Saptarshiji,

Please don't put Lord Buddha's teachimgs in the same bracket as the Quran
and the Bible. Most Hindu scholars may not be aware that Lord Buddha,
though a kshatriya by birth, had vedic education, and he taught a number of
brahmin scholars of his time, on the upanishadic concepts, in an easily
assimilable way. That was the beginning of the Mahayana Buddhism, and it
came to public notice, a few centuries after the parinirvana of Lord
Buddha.

My 2 cents
skb