[Advaita-l] BHAKTI AND JNANA COMPARED

Kaushik Chevendra chevendrakaushik at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 09:18:16 EST 2023

Namaste sir.
In fact acharya himself has made it clear that saguna upasana of isvara
gives mukthi. But his version of "ananya bakthi" is a bit different from
the popular notion.
Acharya says "ananya bakthi" gives krama mukthi and krishna becomes his
deliverer whereas for the jnani there is no such neccisity.
This ananya bakthi is constant remembrance of isvara's form without any
other thought. To the extent where he forgets about himself and forgets to
take care of himself. Hence isvara has to look after him. This is in
reference with the "ananyaschintayathe mam" slokha.
Further this bakthi needs to have the knowledge of "sarvam iti Vasudeva".
In either case even for the advaita jnani, the Jiva is part of isvara(BSB
bhasya) in terms of upadhis. The lord is the ruler and and the jeevas are
ruled(BSB).

But at the same time in whatever way one worships isvara they attain him
eventually. There is no doubt about this anywhere.

Namo narayana

On Sat, 7 Jan, 2023, 7:02 pm Shrinivas Gadkari via Advaita-l, <