[Advaita-l] Fwd: Brahman has no default form; Only contextual form - Varaha Purana

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at hitachienergy.com
Tue Feb 28 06:04:55 EST 2023

Yes, Sri Krishna was "as though born endowed with a body" (dehavAniva jAtaH) etc, as though ate, as though died etc. But the sharira through which he manifested the Leela was not "as though born", "as though cremated by Arjuna," etc. Its unnecessarily to say that about the bhautika sharIra through which Sri Krishna, a manifestation of Ishvara, was anything other than bhautika. The fact that the sharIra was available for cremation by Arjuna is conclusive evidence for it's bhautikatvaM.

praNAms
Hare Krishna

According to historians Krishna lived around 125 years and died and his last rites have been performed by Arjuna and after that notorious yaadavi kalaha took place.  There was a time without Krishna (i.e. after the death of Krishna and before the birth of Krishna) atleast as per the available historical notes.  Interestingly after certain age the natural ageing process stopped in his body 😊 hence we hardly see very very old aged (125 years old) Krishna even though plenty of bAla Krishna (infant Krishna) pictures and idols available for worship.    In the last days of KrishnAvatAra written by Prof. Narayanaachaarya ( a srivaishNava scholar) narrates how perturbed and anxious Krishna was after seeing the internal quarrels within his own clan during his last days and his helplessness in controlling it.  All these shows he followed mAnusha dharma though he knows everything.  He is avatAra he knows he is Ishwara and after purpose of this avatAra served promptly gave-up his moral coil.  So, both rAma and Krishna though Ishwara tattva personified they followed the natural daihika dharma (dehinOsmin yathaa dehe kaumAraM yauvanaM jara) and those who believe in avatAra of their Acharya / guru too believe that Ishwara himself incarnated to bless the shishya and dharma paripAlana.  Don’t we believe our bhagavatpAda is shankara bhagavan's avatAra??  Don’t paramahaMsa rAmakrishna followers believe that who appeared as rAma in tretaa yuga and Krishna in dvApara appeared as 'rAmakrishna' in Kaliyuga ??  And paramahaMsa himself openly said this when naren ( Vivekananda was suspicious about it!!) So I think Ishwara taking bhautika shareera is quite in line as per the available traditional wisdom.  But there is a need to analyze all these from advaita's pAramArtika perspective.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar