[Advaita-l] Fwd: Brahman has no default form; Only contextual form - Varaha Purana

Kaushik Chevendra chevendrakaushik at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 12:16:15 EST 2023

Namaste.
In the gudartha Deepika acharya says in 4.6-

"Now, what was asserted by saying that embodiment of this kind is not
possible for God, who is omniscient and the cause of everything, is verily
so. How? If His body be made of the gross elements, then, on the assumption
that it is a limited gross body. it will be the waking state and it will be
similar to that of our-selves and others; and on the assumption that it is
a cosmic body, He will become the jiva called Virät, on account of
possessing his (Virat's) upadhi (the cosmic gross body). On the other hand,
if (His body be) made of the subtle elements, then, on the assumption that
it is a limited subtle body, it will be the state of dream and be like that
of ourselves and others; and on the as- sumption that it is the cosmic
subtle body, He will be the jiva called Hiranyagarbha, on account of having
his (Hiranya- garbha's) upadhi (the cosmic subtle body).

And thus the conclusion is that, the supreme Lord verily cannot come to
have a body made of the elements that is not (already) occupied by a jiva."

>From this it's evident that the body of isvara is not completely prakriti.
Shankaracharya also uses the word aprakrita in his bhasy for the roopa of
bagavan.
The general assumption is that it's prakritaprakriti. It neither prakriti
nor aprakrita.
Anandagiri acharya gives a different approach and says that bagavan has
Maya as his Sharira. The Maya Shakthi which belongs to him becomes his
Sharira.

On Fri, 24 Feb, 2023, 10:15 pm V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l, <