[Advaita-l] Ekadashi

Raghav Kumar Dwivedula raghavkumar00 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 14:29:43 EST 2023

One question which was once discussed was whether the embodied forms of
Ishvara like viShNu and Shiva are pAnchabhautika (or at least
triguNAtmaka). There was a discussion earlier and the views were that the
embodied forms of Ishvara are indeed panchabhautika/triguNAtmika.

This point has some relevance because that would indicate that there is a
similarity between the avatAras on bhUloka who are also forms of Ishvara
with no past lives afflicted with avidyA. The forms of Shiva and viShNu
would figure as corresponding forms of Ishvara in Satya loka. The process
of embodiment of Ishvara by subduing mAya (praKrtim svAm adhiShThAya
sambhavAmi AtmamAyayA) would be the same be it embodiment in Satya loka (
forms of Ishvara like Shiva/viShNu) and Bhu loka (avatAras who are also
forms of Ishvara like Sri Krishna Bhagavan).

The idea being - the mere fact of embodiment of Ishvara after the
commencement of creation of jagat with its three gunas and five elements by
the exalted jeeva called Prajapati, does not imply that these forms are
subordinate to mAyA or imply jeeva status for these forms. My understanding
is that Shiva/Vishnu/Skanda/हैमवती etc are all categorised as such forms
embodied in Satya loka while the forms of Krishna etc are in bhUloka.

Om
Raghav

On Thu, 16 Feb, 2023, 9:22 pm Kaushik Chevendra via Advaita-l, <